Our Diverse Team: Sam Camero
We have all heard the expression, “a company is only as good as its people.” Many business leaders agree with this statement and say that their people are their most valuable assets. At LiquidFrameworks, we recognize that an individual behind the scenes can make a great impact on our customers and in our company overall. Each person at LiquidFrameworks is committed and working hard to provide a great product and experience for our customers. Learn more about LiquidFrameworks by taking a closer look behind the scenes to our diverse team.
- Name: Sam Camero
- Hometown: Manila, Philippines
- Job Title: Sr. UX Designer
- What do you do at LiquidFrameworks? At LiquidFrameworks, I am responsible for understanding the user of our applications and designing an experience for them that accomplishes their business objectives for that application.
- What attracted you about working at LiquidFrameworks? Two things. First, I was intrigued about our offerings and wanted to be part of the team to help create it. Second, I wanted to be part of a smaller company. That’s how I started my career working at a small company and it felt like family to me. At larger companies, you sometimes don’t get that.
- How long have you worked at LiquidFrameworks? About 1 year and 7 months.
- What makes LiquidFrameworks a great place to work? They understand work life balance which is very important to me since I am a “tweener”. I’m in-between taking care of my kids and my elderly father. LiquidFrameworks has always been understanding about how important family is.
- A quote or mantra you live by: Find something to do, something to look forward to and someone to love. Then you will be happy.
- Three words that best describes LiquidFrameworks: Visionary. Pivot. Adapt.
- What aspect of your role do you enjoy the most? I enjoy taking my wireframes of applications and making them come to life with design, interactivity and flow.
- What do you think is the most important attribute or skill that has helped you to be where you are today? Empathy for the user is really important for my role. That’s always how I’ve been in real life and it’s also part of my job. Without empathy, you won’t truly understand who the user is and their pain points.
- What is one unique thing about you that people would be surprised if they knew? I love baseball and I’ve been coaching little league for about 7 years now. The kids I coach are my extended family. I truly care about their success. Especially the ones who need the most help. I don’t mind spending extra time with them after practice to help them get better. To me… that’s what it is all about. We all learn a lot about life on the way. The last game of the season is always tough for me because I get attached to these kids. Again… all I want for them is to succeed. The best part of it all is being on this journey with my son. He has grown so much as a player and as a person.
- Three words that best describe you: Hardworking, understanding and creative.